Social Media and Community Assistant
Social Media & Community Assistant
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
Zealous is at an exciting stage, we’re scaling the business and we need your help!
Reporting directly to our Community Manager, your role will be to celebrate our community’s stories, strategically grow exposure to our brand (and clients) and support our sales team with social media.
If you love being part of a community, are ready for a challenge and want your work to have a real impact – this position is for you.
Part-Time – 2 to 3 days a week (or equivalent)
Remote (UK only)
Once COVID is over you will be able to continue working remotely, or choose to join us at our London office.
Who we are
Our mission is to simplify access to opportunities for talent across the creative sector.
To do so we save organisations valuable resources managing their open calls (e.g. Awards, Competitions, Residencies, Grants…) with our online submissions platform.
As part of our mission to support creative talent, we also host a vibrant community of over 25,000 creators and run our own initiatives to support creators through prizes, events and awards.
- Manage all content/engagement on our social media feeds (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), and some content our CEO’s feeds (Twitter, Linkedin).
- Measure the impact of social media strategies and create marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning and content ideation.
- Grow and expand company social media presence across existing and new platforms.
- Keep up to date with developments on our product and services, celebrate them across social media and suggest improvements to our message and product based on community feedback.
- Support the Community Manager in producing editorial content and publishing it to our WordPress site.
- Support our community with help files and active support through Live Chat requests.
Who we need
You’ll have strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work both with a team and independently. We are looking for a quick learner willing to dive into new projects and acquire new knowledge.
Prior experience with managing content across social media channels would be beneficial for the role. Knowledge of major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) is essential.
If you have an interest in the creative industries and technology, work well in a fast-paced environment where the product is constantly being updated, we’d love to hear from you.
About the author
Guy Armitage founded Zealous to simplify access to opportunities in the creative sector. He was voted Guardian’s Creative Entrepreneur of the Year in 2013, has discussed the world-changing potential of creativity at TED and in Forbes; and is a proud trustee of Firstsite (Colchester) and Arebyte (London). Prior to Zealous, Guy kept the London Stock Exchange open during the 7/7 bombings and founded a creative startup in Cairo. Contact Guy